- Class of 2019 Academic Advising is ongoing through Plebe Summer. See our Academic Advising Resources Page
- Current Semester Calendar
- The start date for the return of faculty for AY2016 has been shifted three (3) days earlier to Wednesday, 12 August 2015. The faculty calendar for future academic years with detailed intersessional information is also available on our website under Calendars & Events > Faculty Calendar.
- The updated FACULTY HANDBOOK is now available on our site under Academic Dean > Rules & Regulations > AcDean Instructions.
About the Academic Program
To prepare midshipmen as Naval officers, the Naval Academy’s curriculum blends professional subjects with required and elective courses similar to those offered at leading civilian colleges. Our curriculum has three basic elements:
- Core requirements in engineering, natural sciences, the humanities and social sciences, to assure that graduates are able to think critically, solve increasingly technical problems in a dynamic, global environment, and express conclusions clearly.
- Core academic courses and practical training to teach the leadership and professional skills required of Navy and Marine Corps officers.
- An academic major that permits a midshipman to explore a discipline in some depth and prepare for graduate level work.