Summer Seminar Eligibility
The Naval Academy Summer Seminar Program is offered exclusively to young men and women who have just completed their junior year of high school. This is a competitive entry program because interest outweighs our hosting capacity. The following general selection criteria are considered:
- Unmarried, not pregnant and have no legal obligation to support a child, children or other individual(s);
- Superior high school performance to include: GPA, class standing, and/or strong PSAT, SAT, or ACT results (test scores not required, but recommended);
- Demonstrated achievement in athletics and extracurricular activities, especially demonstrating leadership potential in these areas;
- Physically fit and in good health with normal vision (20/40 or correctable to 20/20);
- Positive attitude, self-disciplined, and of good moral character.
Note: U.S. Citizenship is not a requirement, however candidates seeking an appointment to the Naval Academy need to be U.S. Citizens by the time they are inducted into the Brigade of Midshipmen.