Mission of the United States Naval Academy
The mission of the United States Naval Academy is to develop Midshipmen morally, mentally, and physically and imbue them with the highest ideals of duty, honor, and loyalty in order to graduate leaders who are dedicated to a career of Naval service and have potential for future development in mind and character to assume the highest responsibilities of command, citizenship, and government.
Purpose of Plebe Summer
The purpose of Plebe Summer is to lay the foundation of the Academy's four-year professional development curriculum. At the conclusion of summer training, each Plebe class shall:
- Be indoctrinated in the traditions of the Naval Service and the Naval Academy;
- Understand basic military skills and the meaning behind them;
- Appreciate the high standards and obligations inherent in service as a Midshipmen and Naval Officer;
- Be dedicated to excellence in a competitive atmosphere that fosters leadership, teamwork, character, and a passion for "winning;"
- Appreciate the importance of mental, moral, and physical toughness in all aspects of duty and service; and
- Be prepared to execute the rigorous academic year routine.
Plebe Summer Officer Leadership
Commandant of Midshipmen:
Plebe Summer Officer-In-Charge:
Regimental Senior Enlisted Leader:
CAPT Bill Byrne, USN
CDR Valerie Overstreet, USN
CDR Stephen Erb, USN
ADCS (AW) Jeffery Reeder, USN