The Navy-Marine Corp Memorial Stadium was dedicated on September 26, 1959. The 30,000 seat facility was built at a cost of $3 million with all the money raised through private contributions. The memorial bench backs at the stadium may be dedicated to any individual who has served or is now serving in the Navy or Marine Corps with a contribution of $300 to the Memorial Stadium Fund.
The dedication plaque for the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium reads as follows:
This Stadium is dedicated to those who have served and will serve as upholders of the traditions and renown of the Navy and Marine Corps of the United States. May it be a perpetual reminder that the Navy and Marine Corps are organizations of men trained to live nobly and serve courageously in peace, champions of our integrity:in war, defenders of our freedom.