Parking on the Yard is very limited. On weekdays, only drivers with DOD identification cards and handicapped tags (display your handicap placard) will be permitted to park on the Naval Academy grounds.
For information on Yard parking and rules please see the Traffic, Parking and Pedestrian Rules. Parking will be provided at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. For further information please Commissioning Week 2019 Parking & Shuttle Info.
Directions to the Stadium
From U.S. Route 50 East: take exit 24 Rowe Blvd
From U.S. Route 50 West: take exit 24A Rowe Blvd.
Turn right on to Taylor Ave. The stadium will be on the right.
Use Gate 5 for USNA Shuttle parking.
Parking at the Stadium; Take the Shuttle to USNA
- Parking on the Yard is extremely limited. On weekdays, only drivers with Department of Defense identification cards and handicapped tags (please display your handicap placard) will be permitted to park on the Naval Academy grounds.
- Parking will be provided at the Naval-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
- Families of 1/c midshipmen will be given one vehicular parking tag (rear view mirror type) that must be displayed for free parking at the stadium during Commissioning Week. All other visitors must pay the daily parking fee ($5/car and $10/RV). All Commissioning parking will be on the Blue (West) side of the stadium, with entry and egress through Gate #5 on Taylor Avenue. No overnight parking is permitted at the stadium.
- On graduation day (May 24) parking is free for those with graduation tickets, on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking gates open at 6:30 a.m. Stadium gates and concession stands open to guests at 7 a.m. on graduation day.
Shuttle Bus Schedule to USNA
Shuttle buses will operate to and from the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium and USNA during the following times:
|Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, May 20, 21 & 23||7 a.m.- 11 p.m.|
|Wednesday, May 22||7 a.m.- Midnight|
Shuttle runs approximately every 30 minutes.
During these hours, one bus will make stops at Alumni Hall, Preble Hall, Dahlgren Hall, Visitor Center and Luce Hall (by the Midshipman Store parking lot) buses will transport guests between the stadium and Alumni Hall.
The best and primary location to meet a bus for transportation to the stadium is Alumni Hall.
No shuttle buses will operate on graduation day, Friday, May 24, unless weather dictates that the ceremony be moved into Alumni Hall. If that occurs, buses will run from the stadium to Alumni Hall for the indoor ceremony ticket holders only. To determine the venue of graduation, visit the Commissioning Week website at www.usna.edu/SpecialEvents/CommWeek/.
In support of the Herndon Climb and Blue Angels Flight Rehearsal and Demonstration, the ONLY drop-off and pick-up point for the shuttle bus will be in front of Alumni Hall during the following hours:
|Monday, May 20||Noon - conclusion of Herndon Climb|
|Tuesday & Wednesday, May 21 - 22||11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
Walking Directions from Stadium to USNA (Gate 8)
For a 15-30 minute walk to USNA, the easiest route is to:
- Head east on Taylor Ave.
- Cross Rowe Blvd.
- and turn right on Annapolis St./ Rte. 450.
- Cross King George St. and USNA Gate 8 will be ahead on the right.
All gates in the stadium open at 7 a.m., with the exception of Gate D which opens at 6 a.m. for press only. At 7 a.m., Gate D will become an entry gate like all others.
|The Blue Side of the stadium contains gates||A, B, C, D|
|The Gold Side of the stadium contains gates||M, N, O, P|
Handicap and Limited Mobility Seating
Consistent with ADA directives, handicapped seating is available at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium (NMCMS) for the graduation ceremony. Limited wheelchair seating is available above sections 2-8 on the Blue Side, and above sections 25-31 on the Gold Side on a first come, first served basis. The seating is accessible via the ramps opposite the stage.
Additional seating is available in Rows 20, 21, 22 of Section 2, 3, 4, and 5 on the Blue Side and 28, 29, 30, and 31 on the Gold Side. Access to these seats requires transit of no or few stairs, and is recommended for mobility limited guests not in wheelchairs. The seating can be accessed via ramp entering the lower section of stadium seating.
To maximize the amount of available seating, only one escort is permitted per guest requiring access. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Overflow viewing of the graduation ceremony is available in Memorial Plaza following the procession of the graduates, faculty and staff (approximately 9:45a.m.).
Stadium Prohibited Items
The following items are PROHIBITED from entering through the gates:
- Weapons/knives of any type, to include ceremonial swords
- Bags larger than a typical purse (i.e., duffle bags, back packs, large camera bags, etc.)
- Any item deemed by management to be dangerous or inappropriate including, but not limited to:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Folding chairs
- Camera tripods/"Selfie Sticks"
- Noise makers
- Large strollers
Individuals shall be allowed entrance ONLY after disposing or securing prohibited items. Furthermore, screeners will NOT "hold" items; the owner must dispose of or secure the item(s) in their vehicle, etc.
Attendees have been reminded that the above items, along with valuables, should be left at home or secured in their vehicle prior to getting in line at the security checkpoint.
Umbrella strollers and wheelchairs are allowed into the site after they have been visually swept.
Cameras and cell phones are acceptable.
Other Stadium Information
For general access parking, use Parking Gates 1, 3, 3a, 4, and 7.
Limited Handicap Parking is accessible through Parking Gates 2, 5, and 6.
eCruisers will circle the parking lots to pick up guests needing assistance getting to a Stadium entrance.
|The Blue Side of the stadium contains:||Odd Companies|
|The Gold Side of the stadium contains:||Even Companies|
Times and policy on graduation day subject to change without notice based upon security requirements.