Donald L. Wallace
Intellectual History of Europe
- Phone: (410) 293-6289
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The United States Naval Academy
572 Holloway Road
Annapolis, MD 21402
- Ph.D. - University of California, San Diego
- M.A. - George Mason University
- M.A. - University of Maryland
- B.A. - Randolph-Macon College
Embracing Democracy: Hermann Broch, Politics and Exile, 1918-1951, (Oxford, UK, Peter Lang, 2014)
"The Obscure Sea Change: Hermann Broch, Fascism, and the United States" in The Fruits of Exile, edited by Richard Bodek (Columbia, SC: University of South Carolina Press, 2009).
"Aesthetics of Fascism: Herman Broch and Walter Benjamin." Modern Language Association, Chicago, IL, December 2007.
"German Orientalism? Karl Neumann, Hugo von Hofmannstal, and Translation." German Studies Association, San Diego, CA, October 2007.
"Ethics and the Individual in Herman Broch's Die Verzauberung." American Historical Association, Atlanta, GA, January 2007.
"Letters from Exile: Correspondence of Hannah Arendt and Hermann Broch." German Studies Association, Milwaukee, WI, October 2005.
- German Studies Association
- Austrian Studies Association
- American Historical Association
Honors and Awards
- Fulbright Scholar, Vienna, Austria 2001-2
- NEH Summer Seminar, Rome, Italy 2006
"Hugo von Hofmannsthal and The East." (Article in progress)